CBSE has uploaded in their ‘Additional Practice Section’ of their official website 1 more set of Sample Papers for each subject of Class 10 and 12 yesterday, along with a new marking scheme.
Link to access these additional CBSE Questions Sample Papers
Some key observations seen:
- The style of questions in this new Sample Paper has changed to include more analytical, conceptual clarity and topics-understanding based Questions across MCQ, Short Answers and Long Answers now. Overall, almost 50% questions are revamped of such nature in form of MCQ and 1-2 Mark Questions.
- This follows the Circular No. Acad-45/2023 that came on 6th April 2023, where it was promised that upto 50% competency-based questions will be asked in Boards this year for Class 10 and 12 (40%).
- Keeping this in mind, a big relief for students and teachers as a new CBSE resource material is also provided for Class 10 and same for Class 12 with similar new competency Questions chapter-wise. This resource material is surprisingly seen to have the same type of conceptual clarity and high order thinking Questions in form of MCQs, Assertion Reason and Subjective Questions, just like this new CBSE Sample Paper. It is provided by CBSE experts in collaboration with Educart.
- Two of the new competency Questions asked are shown below from Maths and Science.
Example screenshot of Maths and Science CBSE Additional Q’S SQP of 8th September 2023
CBSE Class X Sample Paper PDF
CBSE Sample Paper Class XII
PhysicsCBSE Sample Papers 2024 with 50 Percent Competency Questions – How to download?
- Go to the official website – cbseacademic.nic.in
- Go to the question bank section on the homepage and select “Additional Pratice Questions”
- You will see the practice questions set for 2023-24 on the screen
- Download the pdf for the subjects uploaded
- Go through them
CBSE Sample Paper 2023-24 were released in April 2024. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) had issued the CBSE Board Exam 2023 sample question papers along with the marking scheme. Students appearing for class 10th and 12th board exams can check and download the sample paper PDF 2024 from the official website.The board is currently inviting the applications for the CBSE Board Exams 2024. Once the schools complete the filling of examination forms, the same would be submited to the board as the LOC or List of Candidates. The last date to submit the same is 18th September 2023.CBSE will tentatively conduct exams for both classes from February 15, 2024 and end on April 10, 2024. For latest updates, check the website
Mrs Meena Sharma (reputed private CBSE school HOD) says: “Compared to last year, it’s new for students to deal with 50% competency questions and this paper just uploaded covers real-life/competency/bloom’s related questions. It’s a great move from CBSE to inculcate such competency amongst students although it will take teachers and students some time to adapt to such a new form of assessment with pre-boards just 2-3 months away.
Kudos to Educart for this collaborative effort on taking out the resource material book that accurately covers such new competency Questions. We can now assess students more methodically as the new resource material of educart provides lots of such new Questions Chapter-wise for 2024 Boards. I thank CBSE for continually improving the assessment standards”
Let’s hope students are able to make the most of this new update from CBSE for Class 10 and 12 and perform well in these board exams. This is most likely to be the last year when only board exam is conducted.
Link to access resource material based on the new sample papers
Disclaimer: Content Produced by Agrawal Group of Publication